Cerebral Palsy Community
Signs of Bell's palsy again...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Signs of Bell's palsy again...

Hi, I am 36 years old guy who is terribly upset from the Symptoms of Bell's palsy. I suffered from Bells palsy on Nov, 2011. It had effected my left side.Head was splitting with pain. Had excruciating pain in my ear, couldn't close my left eye, total numbness of the left side of my face, and drooping. I checked with GP/Internal medicine doctor who prescribed some Anti Inflammatory drugs like olefin injection for the pain and Gasec-40. Later i was transferred to physiotherapy department where i had physiotherapy sessions till 2-3 months and i was back on the track. Life was good. But  recently i have started feeling the same symptoms. Sometimes the left side of my face is drooping, Burning sensation in the eyes. Ear aches. It gets better when i try some Anti Inflammatory drugs but i don't think it will last longer. As the winter is upon us, my condition is getting worse. I have recently checked with an ENT Doctor who gave me some Olive oil droplets which i used for one week and recently got my ear washed. I thought i would make palsy go away but sadly every day the symptoms are getting worst. Doctor prescribed some pain killer and a vitamin-c chewable tablets and asked me to come back for a visit if signs persists. Oh by the way i am a smoker, Should i stop smoking ? I don't know what to do.Is there someone out there who can help me ? or advise me what safety measures i should take to avoid bells palsy. Thanks ..
Hi!
If the symptoms of Bell’s Palsy are not improving with daily corticosteroids then anti-viral therapy needs to be started. Another possibility is co-existence of Herpes zoster, and this would also improve with antiviral therapy. Neuritis due to diabetes or the facial nerve getting pinched due to tumor or swelling can also be a cause for persistent symptoms.  Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.