Walking differently
I have noticed that I am walking on my toes more and have to sometimes force myself to step on my heel first. This never used to happen and I've been noticing alot more spasming in my legs lately also. This happening to anyone else?
Do you participate in physical therapy?  If its been awhile, you might make an appointment to learn how to effectively stretch a little better, more regularly.  It sounds like your muscles on the back of your leg are tightening, contracting and not releasing which may be causing the spasms.  Do you take an antispasmodic? Perhaps zanaflex would be helpful.  Botox injections may also help.  You could also sleep with a splint that keeps your legs straight in a passive stretch overnight.  You could sleep with it on one leg one night, the other the next.  Hope this is helpful.
I go to physical therapy regularly and I take baclofen. I think I may bring botox up to my dr though. Thank you and good luck with your struggles.