Cerebral Palsy Community
cerebral palsy and pregnant
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cerebral palsy and pregnant

hi, i am new to this forum i am 18 years old my parents saw i wasn't developing as fast as a normal kid so i got tested and have cerebral palsy but mild.. i am 12 weeks pregnant and i am wondering if there is anything i should check for ?? i just started having spasms when i turned 18 but it's mostly my boyfriend noticed is..
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Cerebral palsy does have some genetic components according to latest research. Hence, you need roper genetic counseling. Women with CP do carry full term pregnancies and do give birth to normal babies. However, this needs to be closely monitored by an Obs and Gyn specializing in such cases.
Take care!
Blank
First off, congrats on the pregnancy! How are you feeling?

Yes, CP is not hereditary and your baby should be born healthy and well!

I would like to ask you, how is the pregnancy going thus far? At 12 weeks, are you showing yet? Do you have any ataxia? How is your body dealing with the added weight of the baby?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cerebral Palsy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...