Cerebral Palsy Community
erections make diapers impossible

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

erections make diapers impossible

I am the mother of a very irritable child with sever Cerebral Palsy who’s almost 15 years old. He also is mentally retarded and has the mental capacity of an 18-month-old baby. Joey is incontinent and must wear adult diapers. It is becoming increasingly impossible to fit a diaper over him due to the startling length and intensity of his erect penis that extends well past his belly button. A friend of mine who is a nurse suggested the possibility of giving him medication to shut down the effects of puberty on his body - completely eliminating any further penis development as well as the natural urge for sex that comes with semen production. She and I agree his tank is full but there’s nowhere for him to drive. Because mentally he will always be a baby, she seems to think my pediatrician will prescribe a strong testosterone suppressant that would keep him flaccid and much more comfortable and happy. Is this really a common, legitimate treatment I should pursue for my disabled son? Are their any long-term health risks related to this kind of body alteration? His father was well endowed also, but the size and time spent erect is becoming ridiculous at this point. Joey entered puberty when he was 9 or 10. Am I too late?