Cerebral Palsy Community
new issue of pant wetting during the day

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

My daughter will be turning 4 in Jan and since her last birthday, we have learned she has a heart murm., and we noticed a change in her eye when it started to deviate inward(left) her vision is so impaired she needs bifocals. We have also been in therapy for a few months for her tippy toeing.  She was seen by a neurologist he does not beleive she is a child with CP, but no tests were done.  Now she has been potty trained for almost 2 years and she is wetting her pants during the day.  It really has been one thing after another, and I'm worried this could be another symptom that we need to address. Please let me know if you think this could be related or if this is at all typical.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Cerebral palsy can also result in bed wetting due to loss of neurogenic control. A small bladder, delayed neurogenic control (maybe not in her case as she had developed control), low antidiuretic hormone can be the possible causes if infection, stress and emotional factors have been ruled out.
Please discuss this with your daughter’s neurologist. Take care!
As toddler I walked on my fully toes and would accidently wet the bed around the age of 13 to 16 I don't remember if I did it a lot while I was younger because the bed wetting was so random. I also walked with a hop. I was born with spastic hemiplagia(  a form of cp) hope I could help!