Cerebral Palsy Community
pinching left side of head and body

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

pinching left side of head and body

Hi, I am experiencing pinching in my left rear part of my head, its like having electric shock pulses, after I experiencing numming in my left side of my body that includes head, ear, tongue, shoulder arm and leg. My Gp says I am having my nerve system getting strained and tired, things got a bit worst after I got a cold.
He says I do not have to worry all I need is to ease the stress that I m having in my life and take some sort of nerve relaxant.  
Hi!
There is a chance that you have compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, herniated disc, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. A MRI of the cervical spine and nerve conduction studies may be required. Please consult a neurologist. The treatment is to remove the compression. You have to discuss the best treatment option with a neurologist, which can range from medication to physiotherapy to traction, cervical collars or even surgery. Alternatively you can visit a chiropractor or a physical therapist and learn some exercises which you can do to relieve the compression, but consulting a neurologist is a must. Take care!
Hi and thanks for your answer.
Recently I am doing a set of Chinese massages, I have been doing such for the past 3 weeks and I am feeling better, the doctor has prescribed muscle and nerve relaxant after doing to meet some physical tests he concluded that I am passing a very stressful period both at work and personally due to the fact that I am conducting a diploma.I will be visiting a neurologist soon and was booked to do an MRI.

Best regards

Josef Camilleri