Cerebral Palsy Community
regarding jimmy
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

regarding jimmy

Dear Drs, My brother Jimmy had cerebral palsy and epilepsy since he was five years old.  He died of complications with the Russian flu in 1976.  My father died of brain cancer.  Is there any connection there for my migraines (including neck and back pain)?  Thanks, Still Crazy
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI,

How are you? The cause of headaches and migraines are not fully understood. Some researchers think migraines may be caused by functional changes in the trigeminal nerve system or  imbalances in brain chemicals.  During a headache, serotonin levels drop, neuropeptides are released causing blood vessels to become dilated and inflamed. Common migraine triggers include horonal changes, food, stress, sensory stimuli, and other physical changes. There is no clinical evidence associating migraine headaches and cerebral palsy and brain cancer. However, your neck and back pain warrants further evaluation for proper management and to determine the underlying cause.

Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Hello doctor,  Thank you for your concern.  I had a cervial spondolosis problem caused by a whiplash in an accident.  I had surgery with a titanium plate installed.  Now I have blown the disc that is on top of the plate.  I'm 60 so I don't know if it's worth it now.  Also, have mid-back pain due to bone loss.  I may try a pain clinic at a hospital near me.
What do you think?   Stillcrazy.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cerebral Palsy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank