Cervical Cancer Community
25 and first abnormal pap results...very nervous!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

25 and first abnormal pap results...very nervous!

I went to the gyno 3 weeks ago for my yearly pap test. I have been going to the gyno since 18 and never had a abnormal pap...well this time I got a call from my doc office saying they wanted me to come back in bc my pap showed some cell changes. I'm confused bc they called me a week after my appt and told me all labs were fine. Now they called me back today to say that it shows some changes in the cell...how is it possible the results could have changed within 2 weeks. I'm 25...what would make my cells show up with some changes.... ? I scheduled my appt w the doc but can someone tell me what they will do in this visit?
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
To clear any doubts for the abnormal PAP smear, you should get a repeat PAP smear done and if needed a colposcopic biopsy of the cervix if the repeat PAP’s come out normal.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cervical Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank