Cervical Cancer Community
2nd Colposcopy & LEEP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

2nd Colposcopy & LEEP

I am almost 24 and have recently (within 3 weeks) had an abnormal pap and a colposcopy with 2 small biopsies involved. After the colposcopy I literally passed out in the doctors office after trying to stand and dress myself. It was extremly painful the second larger biopsy they took, the mustard they said would discharge after 7-10 days, it was all gone within 3, the "cramping" lasted for 4 days. After waiting almost 2 weeks for results they tell me i have CIN-2 and want to now do a much LARGER colposcopy along with a LEEP at the same time. They didnt quite tell me exactly why they needed to do a large biopsy along with a leep and in part it is my fault probably for not listening very well because once you hear: second biopsy, leep, another pap, cancer, and hysterectemy all in the same 5 minute convorsation your mind starts to race and the world starts to spin, i thought i was going to pass out again (mind you that was the 1st time in my life i have ever passed out/ fainted. ) i had lost a dramatic 40-60 lbs within the first 3 months of 2012. i have been through endoscopy colonoscopy CT scan after CT scan, gall bladder tests, appendix test, blood work thyroid test to determine why i lost weight so drastically and fast, why it hurt my entire abdomin (abdomen) to eat, or just period, it would knock me dead in my tracks or bring me to my knees the pain would mostly be below my belly button or on my upper right side or lower left side. Thoes tests started the begining of and ended recently in the end of 2012. my abnormal pap was Jan of 2013, and now i have another apt on Feb 20 2013 for the leep and secondary biospy. after the cervix issues it makes me think that the illness that started in 2011 has been linked to my cevix and has had all this time to turn to CIN2. Why would they need to take a larger biopsy at the same time as the leep? please help me with anything you can, im scared, an emotional wreck, and slipping into depression thank you
I can understand your concern but Guidelines state that every woman who is diagnosed with HSIL/CIN2 by Pap smear should be followed up by colposcopy and biopsy which you have got done. Any woman with HSIL requires further evaluation to determine if cancerous cells are present. Depending on the staging of cancer, treatment can be planned. After LEEP, you will get regular PAP smears. After LEEP, usually cone biopsy is usually done if PAP’s are abnormal. Hysterectomy, or the surgical removal of the uterus, is used to treat almost all cases of invasive cervical cancer and may sometimes be used to treat severe dysplasia or dysplasia that recurs after any of the other treatment procedures. So if the PAP comes abnormal even after cone then unfortunately hysterectomy may need to be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your information, I had the LEEP procedure done yesterday and am hoping and praying for the best results. now its a waiting game until my next pap to see how everything turned out!
Im so sorry to hear about your sitution...I am 33 and have been dealing with this type of issue since i was 23 and finally got cervical cancer (that hadnt spread thank goodness) have had 2 cone biopsies done one was about 2 yrs ago, and ive had a few abnormals since then, so it may be hysterectomy time! I have to go every three months for a pap which really stinks but , you gotta do what you gotta do, so stay on top of it!! And God bless