Cervical Cancer Community
Cervical dysphasia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Cervical dysphasia

I am 19 years old and very worried, my pap smear results came back abnormal with LSIL but HPV was negative. I have been with my current partner, my boyfriend, for a year and have only had one other previous partner in high school. I got a colposcopy and the gynecologist informed me I had an small area that showed dysphagia. i have been on birth control for 13 months and do not use condoms with my boyfriend that is being sent to a lab and I wont find out the results for a couple days. Is it common for women my age to have this occur to them? Did I have HPV that gave me this? I had guardasil shots so I am not sure how this happened and very concerned and worried.
Low-grade (LSIL) means that there are early changes in the size and shape of cells. They may also be referred to as cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN-1). Since there is abnormal tissue on colposcopy, the doctor may perform endocervical curettage or a biopsy. A biopsy is the removal of cells or tissues from the abnormal area for examination under a microscope.

If the cells come abnormal, then treatment is decided. Regarding HPV, the strain of virus causing genital warts is different from the strain causing cancer. Moreover, current HPV vaccines do not protect against all HPV types that cause cervical cancer.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing