Cervical Cancer Community
Deep vaginal pain, burning/knife-like feeling???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Since my very first visit to a gyno I have always had a clear pap. When I was pregnant with my first child, the dr couldn't figure out why the pap kept coming back negative. After I had my child we started doing all these tests to see why it was coming back negative and I was told I have HPV(cervical cancer) growth cells that produce. I go in and the dr takes biopsies from inside my vagina and they always come back negative to cancer cells. She just keeps telling me they look abnormal so we will just keep testing them. Its been 5 years since I had my son and I am having horrible pains in my vagina. Its a constant burn, almost knife-like stabbing deep inside. Nothing seems to ease this pain. My husband once told me he thought I had pelvic inflammatory disease because of how my body discharges fluids. I don't know much about pelvic inflammatory disease but I have noticed when I urinate I discharge clumps from my vagina. They are white, almost like a milky chunky substance and when it hits the water, it doesn't really break up. Could someone please help me because my gyno doesn't seem to be giving me answers. I have also noticed that during intercourse I feel a lot of pain, almost to the point that I can't enjoy a minute of it. My husband tells me that he feels something moving everytime he pushes in, is that normal as well?
I'm sorry, I'm confused do you have precancerous cells or just abnormal readings with a confirmed HPV reading? My sister kept coming back with abnormal results and finally it developed to the point where they had to do a leep procedure- removing some of the cervix which had the abnormal cells. The cells grew back, as they tend to do. A few years later sex was so painful and her cramps increased to the point where she asked for a hysterectomy. (The doctors wanted to do another Leep or cone procedure and just clip off the end because she was only 26, so she had to kind of demand action.)

Maybe you should see a different dr/gyn. It's possible that the cells have gotten worse and may need removal. It's also possible your current Dr. didn't want to take action they thought was premature or missed something. The HPV virus can also cause vaginal cancer as well as cervical so your discharge could be related but I don't know. I do strongly recommend seeing a new Dr because HPV or not, intercourse shouldn't be that painful.