Does a D & C hurt and for how long?
I'm having a D&C on Feb 6th because I started having allot of spotting in between periods and pelvic pain, pain with intercourse. My doctor tried to do a biopsy in his office but was unable to so he scheduled me for the procedure. He said not to be afraid of it being cancer he said it could just be from stress. I had Kidney cancer and it was removed last March and I've had allot of medical problems since then. So he said it is probably do to stress but he wants to make sure it is not cancer. I'm not really scared I've dealt with allot this past year so I just want ot get it over with and know one way or thee other. Well I want to know is this procedure very painful and how long will I have pain afterward. Will I have allot of bleeding afterward also. Please can anyone give me some info thanks.
D+C is a day care procedure and you should be able to go back home the same day. You can get pain killers prescribed from your doctor for the pain. The bleeding and spotting should go away completely in 5-7 days.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thank you for the information I truly appreciate it. I will post back on here after I get the results.