Cervical Cancer Community
+HPV, LSIL, and ovarian cysts - Higher risk for cancer?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

+HPV, LSIL, and ovarian cysts - Higher risk for cancer?

Hi. I have some unusual circumstances and want to find out if one thing can have anything to do with the other. First, quick family history: oldest of 4 daughters (3 of which have had hysterectomies due to endometriosis).  In 2009, based on blood tests and gyn visit, I was found not to be in, nor starting in menopause. I hadn't had a period in several months. In 2010, based on a very high FSH level and a gyn visit, I was found to be post-menopausal and put on estradiol and progestin. The next visit I tested for ASCUS and high risk HPV. I had a colposcopy done, with no additional concerns. The 6-month redo showed LSIL. Somewhere amongst all my doctors' visits, someone ordered a CT for something - not sure what - but it showed ovarian cysts (which probably explains some of the pain I've had over the years). I have cysts in my breasts, as well. Am I at a higher risk of ovarian or cervical cancer, with this mixture? Also, not sure about how you can go from not even close to menopause, then to post-menopausal in 12 months or less.