Aa
A
A
Close
+HPV, LSIL, and ovarian cysts - Higher risk for cancer?
Hi. I have some unusual circumstances and want to find out if one thing can have anything to do with the other. First, quick family history: oldest of 4 daughters (3 of which have had hysterectomies due to endometriosis).  In 2009, based on blood tests and gyn visit, I was found not to be in, nor starting in menopause. I hadn't had a period in several months. In 2010, based on a very high FSH level and a gyn visit, I was found to be post-menopausal and put on estradiol and progestin. The next visit I tested for ASCUS and high risk HPV. I had a colposcopy done, with no additional concerns. The 6-month redo showed LSIL. Somewhere amongst all my doctors' visits, someone ordered a CT for something - not sure what - but it showed ovarian cysts (which probably explains some of the pain I've had over the years). I have cysts in my breasts, as well. Am I at a higher risk of ovarian or cervical cancer, with this mixture? Also, not sure about how you can go from not even close to menopause, then to post-menopausal in 12 months or less.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Low-grade (LSIL) means that there are early changes in the size and shape of cells. They may also be referred to as cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN-1). Since there is abnormal tissue on colposcopy, the doctor may perform endocervical curettage or a biopsy. A biopsy is the removal of cells or tissues from the abnormal area for examination under a microscope.

If the cells come abnormal, then treatment is decided.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
563773 tn?1374250139
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cervical Cancer Community Resources