Cervical Cancer Community
High Risk HPV - Sex
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High Risk HPV - Sex

Hey

I have posted in the HPV forum as well but thought it would be interesting to mention it on here as well. I have started seeing this girl (we haven't slept together yet) but have recently found out that she has had cervical cancer which was removed via a hysterectomy. Fortunately she is lucky and seems to be ok. I have googled this religiously and I am lead to believe that Cervical Cancer is caused by High risk HPV. This is obviously something that I would need to discuss with her but I am assuming she still has this high risk HPV virus.

My question is, assuming she does have this high risk HPV virus, should I avoid sleeping with her? Is sleeping with her a really bad idea? I am battling with myself mentally and just don't know what to do! I believe I would be ok with this HPV virus as blokes aren't at threat as much as women but I am concerned about passing it on in the future if our relationship breaks down.

I hope that makes sense, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
The sexually-transmitted HPV viruses are spread through contact with infected genital skin, mucous membranes, or bodily fluids, and can be passed through intercourse and oral sex. HPV can also infect skin not normally covered by a condom.Hence having any form of intercourse with HPV with a person having HPV infection can transmit the virus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cervical Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...