Cervical Cancer Community
High Risk HPV

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

High Risk HPV

Hi i'm nineteen and super stressed out. While i was pregnant i received a pap smear and was told i had high risk HPV, but that no abnormal cells were found. After pregnancy at my six weeks postpartum appointment , my doctor found abnormal cells and have to have a colposcopy. Should i be worried about the fact that NOW there are abnormal cells and there weren't any before. And what are my chances of developing cervical cancer over the course of my pregnancy?  I think this is depressing me , it's all i think about.
It's hard to say, I don't know much about this but I have had normal paps since I first started getting them.....the all of a sudden I have adenocarcinoma in situ....I don't have kids yet and that would be my only wish!  Stay calm till the colposcopy at least. That's when they will know more. It may be nothing. And take something for pain. It was sort of painful for me, but maybe because I had no idea what was going on. Since you have had a baby, you may not think its bad at all.
Did they specify what type of cells?
Yes it was CIN.