Cervical Cancer Community
Lump near groin and vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Lump near groin and vagina

I had a half of a size of a golfball near my groin n vagina use to hurt but not anymore..Diagnosed with cervical Cancer in 2006 does anyone know what it could be? Thanks
Since the lump is the size of a golf ball and you had cervical cancer, it needs evaluation. It can be a swollen lymph node, cyst or benign growth. However the best test for confirmation of this lump is a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lump which should be got done after consulting a physician. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. Then the material is looked under the microscope to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.