Cervical Cancer Community
Mild to Moderate Cervical Dysplasia for 2 to 10 years

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

It seems for years i have been diagnosed with mild to moderate dysplasia of the cervics, at least for sure for the past two years, for sure. My regular Dr. can’t treat me anymore, she's an internalist, but i like her, so i had her doing my paps. paps are VERY painful for me! I know there uncomfortable for most. so don’t judge, they rely are horrible tear jerker’s for me. I was supposed to follow up with an OB, but haven’t, yet. I don’t want to be poked and prodded at anymore. I have had paps every six mo and colposcopys to follow. All resulting in moderate to mild dysplasia. Im not a drug seeker but let me tell, u a colposcop with no meds... id rather poke my own eye ou!  What should I do? Symptoms somewhat frequent burning sensation, in that area, not sure, but my urine seems to smell a lil stronger. and defiantly pain during intercourse. maybe blotting too.? Thanks Sara
Hi sara,  I don't have any answers for you, but I can relate to you so much,  I too have had problems with moderate dysplasia, for many years, abnormal papsmears, test after test, procedures,  and I too am tired of being poked and prodded, for me its more of a great discomfort when they did the cyrosurgery,  I'm sick and tired of it all,  but we have to go, you must go to your gyn  ,  and you must go soon,  Don't let this go ok,  feel better sara
Thank you so much sunblues. i feel for you too. i did make an app with a new Dr. so im looking forward to that app. my hope is to soon have a plan of action, instead of bad result after another w/o resolution. the new drs office has surgeons and oncologist and are in a bigger city so im hopeful. and hopeful for you tooo... gThank you so much sunblues. i feel for you too. i did make an app with a new Dr. so im looking forward to that app. my hope is to soon have a plan of action, instead of bad result after another w/o resolution. the new drs office has surgeons and oncologist and are in a bigger city so im hopeful. and hopeful for you tooo... good luckood luck sara