Observation for CIN 2-3?
I'm 26 years old. In November 2010 I had an abnormal PAP Smear (LSIL). I had never had an abnormal before. In January 2011 I had a colposcopy that showed CIN 1. I had another PAP January 2012 which again was LSIL. I had a colpo March 2012 which showed CIN 2-3. My doctor said we are just going to keep repeating PAPs for 2 years, starting from the January 2012 PAP. I don't understand why she would not opt for treatment. According to the guidelines we follow at my office (I work in a general practice office as an RN) observation for CIN 2-3 in my age group is "unacceptable." Should I get a second opinion? My doctor's reasoning for not treating now was that she doesn't want it to affect my ability to have "healthy babies come into this world" later on. I understand LEEP has risks but isn't cervical cancer a much bigger risk? Please help.
CIN is the potentially premalignant transformation and abnormal growth (dysplasia) of squamous cells on the surface of the cervix. LSIL corresponds to CIN 1 and this corresponds to infection with HPV, and typically will be cleared by immune response in a year or so, though can take several years to clear.

But if it is CIN2-3 then you need treatment. You should take a second opinion from a gyneoncologist as if it is LSIL then we can leave it as such.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.