Cervical Cancer Community
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP :(
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP :(

I have suffering with lots of pulling pains and cramps for a while BUT this week (Thursday) the pains got so bad its waking me in my sleep i went to the doctors who sent me straight to the gyno department the same day. After many internals and scans i was told that my cervix is closed, they can't make out if its blocked or stitched and that i have been having periods but because of the cervix being closed its just sitting there. (not had period for 2 years as on mini pill and thought i was a lucky one). I have been told i will need to be put asleep while they operate and that its not a simple procedure and asked questions like do i plan to have any more children!? WHY? any way and that they will sent me a letter with a date for my op and that  it will be within this month. I am scared and very confused as i don't understand how this has happened! Has this happened to anyone? And if so what happens in the operation? Is it a speedy recovery for me?
HI,
You need to discuss in detail with your Doctors, before the surgery. It is unclear form your post as to what type of surgery has been suggested. If it is a simple procedure like a cervical dilatation then it is good news. However if the problem is more serious then even removal of the uterus may sometimes be necessary. Hence you need to clear all your doubts before the surgery. Discuss with your Doctor. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cervical Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank