Cervical Cancer Community
Pain in left cervix and outer vagina area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

I have been getting sharp random pains in  the lower left pelvic area that feels deep in.  More in the cervix feeling.  I have been told by doctors that my cervix leans to the left. This pain comes and goes but is more frequent these days.  I do have what you call a spastic bowel and always have problems when i eat. but i also know i have problems in my cervix as well.  Also, lately after having intercourse, I have an extreme burning sensation on the outerside of the vagina, which will last about an hour after intercourse causing to urinate being difficult.

Please help and tell me what the problem could be and what steps i need to take. thanks
I have been having very similar symptoms and was just told I have ovarian cysts & cervical dysplasia.  My recomendation to you is to go in for a pap b/c that is how they found the irregular cervical cells & what led to my pelvic ultrasound, which showed the cysts.  The pelvic pain could definately be caused by cysts.   I also have been having a burning sensation that lasts for awhile after sex & I believe it might be caused by the dysplasia.  

I don't mean to worry you b/c your symptoms could also be caused by many other things & that is why it is important to get in to see a doc.  The sooner you go the better b/c sometimes it takes awhile for all the testing, ect.  
Burning could be a sign of an infection as well as an allergy to the sedan or to latex if using a condom. If it's due to a condom you can try animal skin or other non latex brands.

Pain, like mentioned could be dysphasia... But dr's say early abnormal cells don't cause symptoms. So more likely it's the position of your cervix, cysts, firbtoid or other.

Good luck!