Cervical Cancer Community
Pap lab results what does this mean?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pap lab results what does this mean?

Hi,
I received my lab results for my Surepath pap test with HPV reflex and it said:

Statement of adequacy:Satisfactory, endocervical/transformation zone component is present

Result: Negative for Intraepithelial lesion or malignancy

HPV DNA Test: Based on the cytology result, reflex High/Intermediate Risk HPV DNA Probe testing is not performed. Follow- up as clinically indicated.

Ok so I received a letter from my Dr. along with copies of the results and the letter stated "Pap test normal" And I never heard anything more about it.

Just wondering what exactly the HPA DNA test portion is all about (posted above) and what that even means?

She had to use a pediatric speculum so does the remarks on the HPV DNA test portion of my lab sheet have something to do with that? Or should I be worried? Thanks for any help.