Cervical Cancer Community
Should I be very concerned?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Should I be very concerned?

I'm 28 yrs old, married, have not used any form of BC in about 7 years, other than withdrawal method. I have High Risk HPV but have not had an abnormal pap in about a year. I have had a very regular 6-7 day period with a 28-29 day cycle since I was 10 yrs old. On Jan 2 my period started and ended on Jan 6, that is 2-3 days shorter than normal. On Jan 8 my breasts became very sore and stayed sore until the day I started my next period. I usually don't have breast tenderness until 2-3 days before my period starts. My period then started again 6 days earlier than normal on Jan 24 but my flow was drastically different (I usually start very heavy and clotty for the 1st two days and then light for the next 3-4 days with the last day being brown discharge.) This time I started with light brown spotting, then had red blood (1 or 2 tiny clots) but not very heavy and only three times in a 48 hr period.I normally have very bad cramps but this time they were unusually mild. Bleeding and spotting stopped on Jan 28 but then started with brown spotting again on Jan 30.When I pee I can see small pieces of light brown tissue like material, very stringy, coming out. I took a FR pregnancy test on Jan 24 and Jan 28, both were negative. Could I still be pregnant? Or is this a sign of a possible miscarriage or something more serious? Any input would be soooo appreciated!
Main causes of intermenstrual bleeding could be due to pregnancy, birth control pills, infection in an area of the body related to menstruation (including the vagina, the cervix and even the bladder). Other causes could be polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases of pituitary gland, hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone and uterine abnormalities like fibroid and  cervical dysplasia. Your doctor may consider tests like blood sugar levels, thyroid function test, prolactin, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSA), estrogen, and testosterone. Imaging studies, such as ultrasound, X-ray, and CT scan may also be recommended in certain individuals.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your response. I called my GYN and explained everything and she wanted to wait until my next cycle to if it goes back to normal and if not she asked that I schedule to see her and have an ultrasound done. So I waited and today started my cycle 4 days early and again the flow is very different and i don't have the normal symptoms (breast tenderness/swelling and cramps.) The bleeding is very light again also so I called and will see her and have an ultrasound done next week.