Cervical Cancer Community
TCA for CIN-1, Treatments for Chronic Endometritis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

For years I have been HPV positive and been told I have abnormal paps, but nothing to worry about. In October 2011, pap was ASC-US, in April 2012 Pap was AGS-NOS, but I had no high risk HPV. Late May 2012 I had a lesion on colposcopy with CIN-1 and chronic endometritis. I am 43 with 4 children.Two questions first, my doctor thinks to treat the lesion with TCA, but I can't seem to find any information about this treatment online, is TCA a research-supported treatment for CIN-1? Second, I have had very different periods since my daughter was born in 2007, have had constant abdominal discomfort, and have also been on several long courses of antibiotics for bronchitis and pyleonephritis. Are antibiotics alone a good treatment for chronic endometritis, or is there some other treatment, like removal of the IUD I had placed in October 2011 and a D and C, I should consider?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) is a caustic agent that destroys warts by chemical coagulation of the proteins. Although these preparations are widely used, for women with HPV and mild dysplasia/cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 1 (CIN1), they have not been investigated thoroughly. Also removal of the IUD will help reversal of chronic endometritis.
Hope this helps.