Cervical Cancer Community
atheromatous aorta

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

atheromatous aorta

my mother had a chest x-ray, she is 52 years old. the findings says that she has
1. hazy infiltrates are noted on the left lower lobe
2. heart is not enlarged.aorta is calcified
the doctor says that she has atheromatous aorta and pneumonitis,left lower lobe...what is the meaning of this? is this condition fatal?what are the do's and donts regarding this condition...she also has a high blood.thank you
Atheromatous aorta is a common finding in adults. However the extent of plaques need to be evaluetd for which an angiography should be done. Pneumonitis is a general term that refers to inflammation of lung tissue. It can be due to many causes and your mother should get a CT chest and pulmonary function tests done for which you should consult a physician.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.