cervical smear test result don't know what it means HELP
Hi everyone I didn't know what forum to post this question but I thought someone here may be able to help me. So here goes I had a smear test over a year ago which came bak with borderline abnormalities so 6mths later I had another smear which came bak mild abnormalities so I had my biospy feb 2011 which showed I needed treatment so I got my treatment may 2011 I was told I would hav to hav another smear later to find out if my abnormalities were gone. I've just been for my first smear since my treatment this feb and I got my results today but I don't understand them it says my recent smear test shows no changes which would need further examination. I've to get a follow up smear in 6mths. But I don't understand do I still have abnormalities or not. Can someone please help me. Thanx
It is good that the cervical smear has shown no abnormality. You should get a repeat smear done and if there is some abnormality then you may need to get a colposcopy and a biopsy done to rule out any dysplasia or malignancy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.