Cervical Cancer Community
chances of cervical cancer?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chances of cervical cancer?

Okay so i am 24 years old i have four children all of which in four years in the past six years, i have had abnormal paps. We did two colpscopy but due to pregnancys no biopsy. Two months ago i have pap done show hsil then another colpscopy with four spots biopsy well Dr call said that it came back hsil very high grade the it was time for my second leep. He said he needed me to come in asap to sit down and talk before, he normally schedule over the phone and with my last leep He done it over the phone, so i am worried he is going to tell me something different. He was very short over the phone which isn't him. So he has mentioned cervical cancer before what are the chances knowing what i have told you, and what are other treatment options besides surgery to remove cervix
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
A PAP smear can only indicate the presence of abnormal cells and does not indicate the level of CIN. Guidelines state that every woman who is diagnosed with HSIL/CIN2 by Pap smear should be followed up by colposcopy and biopsy which you have got done. Any woman with HSIL requires further evaluation to determine if cancerous cells are present. Depending on the staging of cancer, treatment can be planned.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cervical Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...