Cervical Cancer Community
my cervix is bleeding during intercourse and examinations?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

I am 25 years old and been on the pill since i was sixteen, for the past 7 months i have been off the pill, I have been with the same partner for 6 months. During the past 2 months, I have been bleeding from my cervix during sex, it doesn't hurt but there's alot of blood, and then after that, the bloods gone. I went to my doctor, and got an ultra sound done, i got told i had polycystic ovaries, i then got blood test back, and they came back negative. so they wanted to do other checks on me. I have recently been for a smear test and std checks but they came back negative too., and when the nurse did the examination, I bled from the cervix again. i really don't know what it could be, and the doctors seem to have no clue either, they don't see it as a problem , but i  do, I cant have sex with my boyfriend because i'm too scared that il bleed. could it have anything to do with the pill?

The usual causes of bleeding following intercourse and during gynecological examination are 1) cervical causes like a "friable" cervix [(one that has delicate skin so it bleeds easily),it can be due to infection or inflammation(cervicitis)] , allergic, systemic (like lupus or other immune systemvaginosis, etc.), or rarely dysplasia (precancer) or cancer.Other possible causes are 2) uterine which includes bleeding from the inside of the uterus -- from a fibroid or cervical or uterine polyp (a growth of the lining of the cervix or uterus). Or finally, 3) bleeding from the vagina -- small tears from intercourse, which is especially common with lack of adequate lubrication.

I feel that an evaluation by a gynecologist will be the best.Treatment is diagnosis specific and pelvic examination and ultrasound uterus is required to confirm it.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I was having the same problem one dr didn't know what she was doing and tried telling me I needed a hysterectomy when I was 28 so I went and got a second opinion and she found that I had an etroipon (sorry probably spelled wrong) or erosion of the crevix its when the cells that normally grow in side your cervix grow outside and when bumped bleed. There are procedures to fix it. One is to freez it of with nitrate all it is is liquid swiped on your cervix nothing painful but cramping and nasty discharge for a couple weeks. That lasted a year for me some it fixes for good. Or the leep sergey witch is a little more evasive. But this condition is caused by children birth injury or long use of birth control.