Cervical Cancer Community
my surgical pathology report

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

my surgical pathology report

im 35 yrs and suffering from vaginal bleeding for almost a month my ob-gyne requested for an a vaginal ultrasound and it found that i have a thickened endometrium and advised for repeat PT the result its still negative so the her final impression is harmonal imbalance i take medication for 5days but the bleeding is continious and profuse until im getting pale in appearance the last resort to stop bleeding is D&C as my ob said, i go through the D&C procedure.Heres the microscopic discription; Section of the specimen reveal endometrial tissues harboring several generally  tubular endometrial gland with focal dilatation.The glandular epithelium consists of a layer of columnar cells.The stroma appears dense. No evidence of malignancy is seen.And the diagnosis was=DISORDERED PROLIFERATIVE ENDOMETRIUM...What does it means?  im waiting for your reply. thank you, janette
Proliferative endometrium means your uterine lining (endometrium) is in the first half of the cycle. The menstrual cycle consists of two phases. The first phase, under the influence of estrogen, is a proliferative phase. While under this influence of the estrogen, the endometrium is called "proliferative endometrium," because the cells are multiplying and the tissue is growing.

The term disordered is no medical term and it may mean that the endometrium is proliferating too fast, or beyond the limits of normal growth. You should discuss it with your doctor regarding the biopsy report.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.