Cervical Cancer Community
not sure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

not sure

I had a pap smear done 6 months ago. It came back as abnormal, the second one in a year. 2 months later I had a colposcopy done after they found a few white spots on my cervix. The sample they took wasn't large enough so I had to go back in for another. Which was Saturday. It's now monday morning. I had spotting (they took 6 scrapings from all the spots, which 3 more formed in the 2 months)  and then was okay. Now, I'm having this HORRIBLE period like cramping. My lmp was last week. I know I'm not pregnant and I'm on birth control. I normally don't have horrible period like cramping AFTER my period. I usually do the week before and the week of.

Could it just be from my colposcopy? I'm really nervous and paranoid about getting the results back (which will take about 2 weeks) and I don't know if I'm just letting all of this go to my head or if it is something I should worry about.
It sad to know your situation... Basing on your post.. it seems that are scrapping used during colpscopy have scratched your  cervix.. probably the Doctor used a currette whic is sometimes traumatic in nature.. applying hot compress or doing hot sitz bath may help.

I suggest you go back to your Attending Physician