not sure
I had a pap smear done 6 months ago. It came back as abnormal, the second one in a year. 2 months later I had a colposcopy done after they found a few white spots on my cervix. The sample they took wasn't large enough so I had to go back in for another. Which was Saturday. It's now monday morning. I had spotting (they took 6 scrapings from all the spots, which 3 more formed in the 2 months)  and then was okay. Now, I'm having this HORRIBLE period like cramping. My lmp was last week. I know I'm not pregnant and I'm on birth control. I normally don't have horrible period like cramping AFTER my period. I usually do the week before and the week of.

Could it just be from my colposcopy? I'm really nervous and paranoid about getting the results back (which will take about 2 weeks) and I don't know if I'm just letting all of this go to my head or if it is something I should worry about.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
970955 tn?1278851548
It sad to know your situation... Basing on your post.. it seems that are scrapping used during colpscopy have scratched your  cervix.. probably the Doctor used a currette whic is sometimes traumatic in nature.. applying hot compress or doing hot sitz bath may help.

I suggest you go back to your Attending Physician
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cervical Cancer Community Resources