Cervical Cancer Community
pain using dilators

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

pain using dilators

hi  i was doagnosed with stage 2 cervical cancer in august i had radiotherapy and chemo , i have to use dilators and i find them realy uncomfortable i am sposed to use them every night  but can only manage about 3 times a week and have only jusy started to use the 2nd size and it realy hurts , im just wondering if any body else has had a similar problem x
Tags: dilator
Radiotherapy also makes your vagina become less stretchy and narrower. To try to prevent or minimise this, it is important to start using vaginal dilators after your treatment. To minimize pain, use a lubricant jelly while using dilators or try having regular intercourse. You can also get local estrogen therapy like rings or creams prescribed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.