Cervical Cancer Community
vaginal bleeding 7 years after cancer treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

i was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2005 ,i had a radical hysterectomy followed by radiotherapy and chemotherapy.one of the side effects was the shrinking of my bladder making me need to go more often.i have learned to deal with that but for the last 5 months i have been in constant pain in the abdomen urine tests show blood urologist checked and nothing seems amiss in my bladder apart from the usual effects of the therapy.in the last few weeks i have had vaginal bleeding ,although not very heavy it is worrying me .my doctor told me im causing it through worry and stress???.i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas. should you still have smear tests even after hysterectomy?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Follow up is extremely important after treatment of cancer. If there is suspicion after an examination, then smears should be done. Consult your Doctor. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.