Chemotherapy Community
Chemotherapy Question

Welcome to the Chemotherapy Community: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for chemotherapy patients ~ PAST or PRESENT. It is also for family, friends and loved ones of chemotherapy patients. Topics in this community include: Blood Tests, Bone Issues, Brain Issues, Complications, Dental Issues, Eye Disorders, Fatigue, Gastrointestinal Issues, Heart Issues, Infertility, Kidney Issues, Liver Issues, Living with Chemo, Long-term Effects, Lung Issues, Lymphedema, Memory Problems, Menopausal Symptoms, Neuropathy, Nutrition, Pain, Research, Skin Issues, Thyroid Issues.

Chemotherapy Question

My grandfather was receiving chemotherapy last week and the nurse messed up and he received a bottle of medicine in 15 minutes, that normally takes 45 minutes to an hour.  During which he lost his speech, but it came back in 5 minutes.  Now he is having problems with his sight and his mouth is still numb.  Do I need to find another Dr. or what?   I know the symptoms are related to the mess up, and I just need some suggestions....Thanks
  • chemo regime (3 replies):
    I am stage 1, tumor size 1.3 cm, no node involvement, ha...[more]
My grandmother was almost overdosed, she was sharp as a tac and asked a lot of questions and then went and got a 2nd opinion in a different city.  She ended up transferring there and it helped her so much.  Keep us posted on your situation.
Ask for a more experienced nurse. And it is really strange the side effencts you posted, they shouldn't stay even near 10 days even if that did happen, ask for an early chemo break ( or how you call it ) to see if the simptoms go away.

Wish you best luck, hope it will be ok!