Chemotherapy Community

Welcome to the Chemotherapy Community: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for chemotherapy patients ~ PAST or PRESENT. It is also for family, friends and loved ones of chemotherapy patients. Topics in this community include: Blood Tests, Bone Issues, Brain Issues, Complications, Dental Issues, Eye Disorders, Fatigue, Gastrointestinal Issues, Heart Issues, Infertility, Kidney Issues, Liver Issues, Living with Chemo, Long-term Effects, Lung Issues, Lymphedema, Memory Problems, Menopausal Symptoms, Neuropathy, Nutrition, Pain, Research, Skin Issues, Thyroid Issues.

I'm doing peg-interferon alpha 2a for hep c. Even though the dose is smaller than cancer patients, it's horrible. More people need to b straight with facts. Docs give a rundown, but only those who have done it can relate. Anyone else can share symptoms or relief of?
Hi this was a good question, aren't you on the quadruple trial of VX950-VX222 and then the Peg and Riba?  I have a feeling that there aren't too many people who have done that.
I think that is why you are having such a rough time and I notice you have lost quite a bit of weight, was it over 30lbs?.  I had the aches and pains and mental fogginess, my vision was affected..  I was on a triple treatment of Polymerase (R1626 that was cancelled) Peg and Riba.  I remember the nightly cramps all over my body, loss of hair, "flu like symptoms" X10.  It was awful though it would have all been worth it if I had remained UND, I relapsed within 6 weeks of finishing tx.  If I knew it would help I would do it again.  There were many times I wanted to quit but with the support of others going through the same thing I did it one day at a time.    After I stopped and the pain didn't I found that I was deficient in Vitamin D which can add to the pain.  Also, try to drink as much water as you can force yourself to drink, that really does help.
I wish you all the best