Chemotherapy Community
cannot hold food/water down for months - need solution!

Welcome to the Chemotherapy Community: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for chemotherapy patients ~ PAST or PRESENT. It is also for family, friends and loved ones of chemotherapy patients. Topics in this community include: Blood Tests, Bone Issues, Brain Issues, Complications, Dental Issues, Eye Disorders, Fatigue, Gastrointestinal Issues, Heart Issues, Infertility, Kidney Issues, Liver Issues, Living with Chemo, Long-term Effects, Lung Issues, Lymphedema, Memory Problems, Menopausal Symptoms, Neuropathy, Nutrition, Pain, Research, Skin Issues, Thyroid Issues.

Am hoping someone has any experience with this as my friend needs a solution as soon as possible.  She has had aggressive chemo and is now cancer free, however, she now has MAI, MDS and a feeding tube.  She has not been able to keep food or water down for months.  She is on several antibiotics to help with the MAI and the doctor suspected that's what is making her nauseous, however, she was off antibiotics for 10 days and her nausea didn't improve.  Nausea medication does not help.  She just had a scope of her stomach and the doctors could not figure out why she is constantly nauseous and vomiting.  Is anyone familiar with this?  Thank you!
I am not familiar with this but was wondering how your friend was doing and what the solution was?
Could you answer a question before I try to help :

1) Did you friend vomit while taking chemopherapy?
2) Does the scope mean that the doctors actually went to her stomach with the "snake camera"?

Hope you can answer and wish better health!
I am. Have her tested for candidiasis. Antibiotics (and prednisone among other things) foster the growth of Candida albicans. With excessive growth candida evolves from a yeast to a fungus, a very nasty pathogen. This causes vomiting, bloating, nausea and gastrointestinal problems. In some cases it is fatal. It can also invade all the bodily organs.

Fungicides offer temporary remission, but the fungus mutates and returns with vigor. I used Lugol's solution and oil of oregano. My condition is now under control and I will soon be cured. My son-in-law almost died of systemic candidiasis.