infusion device - port
The double port was put in in early Dec. I still had neck pain from jugular central line put in for surgery 11/6. Last chemo my port infiltrated (leaked) into my chest around the port but through compression most of the meds came out.
Now my chest, neck, and underarm areas are super tender and I have a horrible headache. It has been 2 weeks since chemo, my next is this Fri, and I have no real swelling or discoloration at my port. Has anyone out there had these problems. neck pain (stiffness, painful to touch). chest and underarm pain? Please let me know.
Have you called your oncologist about this?  I never had any problems with my port, and I never had infiltration problems but I guess if that poison got into your chest that could cause some discomfort.  But I would ask the doctor.
My oncologist happened to be in the hospital when it happened so she came up to the infusion center. She had never seen this nor had the nurses. Since I had only seen a central line infiltrate we put our thoughts together and removed the Huber needle which caused fluid to pour out over my chest and then my dr compressed the area around the port and lots more came out. She told me to watch it and except for a slight color change it has been fine until now and I think my lymph nodes are involved. I see her Thursday.
I called this morning and the radiologist said I needed to have fluoroscopy to check placeent but my dr had to order it. My dr is on vacation until Thursday and I have chemo Friday so they called the ARNP who said its normal, I protested so now who knows who will decide. But I will make sure this is checked out especially since I still have a low grade fever and tenderness.
Saw the dr today.  My chemo is postponed until my port is dye checked and I get 2 units of blood ( my Hgb and RBC's are both 8). At least my post-op
CA-125 has decreased from 145 to 48.
Low Hgb is awful, I hope the transfusion helps.  I had to be transfused once, and I was put on epogen when my counts got dangerously low.

I'll be interested to see what kind of results you get from the dye test.  Let me know how that goes.
I had the dye check yesterday and it show both sides of my dual port are patent. The worst part was she got the huber needle too close to the edge and the needle bent and would not come out. It felt like she was trying to yank out a tooth and all I could think was it would break off. I decided I wanted to flush the dye out of my system before I got blood so I'll go Monday. Can't say I love transfusions, had 5 units of blood during  my surgery 11/6 and then 2 units in ICU. The doctor said my bone marrow was tired and that I am older than when I had breast cancer (19 years ago) and did not need blood.
Sorry to hear you had trouble with the needle, that must have been so painful.  I don't love transfusions either but when you need it you need it.  I'll bet your bone marrow is tired.  Have you also been doing radiation?

I'm a few years older than when I last did chemo/radiation and whatnot.  I'm sure if I had to do more of it at this age I would not be nearly as resilient as I was then.

I hope things go well for you on Monday.