Chemotherapy Expert Forum
78 year old chemotherapy survival rate stomach cancer??

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Hey guys, i have a 78 year old grandfather who is diagnosed with Castric Cancer a year and half ago (in china), it was med/late stage, where he had 2/3 of his stomach removed. he was treated, but not with chemotherapy. and this past week the doctors in china suggested chemotherapy as my grandfather's results werent as good in last month, during the checkups. please, can you inform me with the survival rates of my grandfathers therapy process, how many people actually survived the therapy at the age of 78 or so, and how long do they usually live? ive heard lots of bad things about this program, but it does cease the disease. He is everything to me :(
I am sorry to hear that the gastric cancer has come beck after surgery.
Chemotherapy may be a reasonable option for him. Dose adjustments may be necessary depending on his clinical situation, and some excess toxicity may be seen in elderly. It is impossible to predect survival in a particular patient. Other suppostive care including anti-emetics, nutritional support, pain relief etc is also essential.
All the best, be strong, and God Bless!