Chemotherapy Expert Forum
Breast lump or pimple

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Breast lump or pimple

I am a 38 year old women and found a lump or in grown pimple in the lower part of my breast. It is an orange/red color. No discharge from nipple. No pain either.  There is no head like opening suggesting it is a pimple. Is this normal?
When you said that you have a reddish, "in-grown pimple", I assume that you are referring to a small "lump" located on the skin or just below it. What size is it, and for how long have you had it?
From your description, I would say that this is probably just a boil (doctors call it a "furuncle"), and it is usually caused by a local staphylococcal infection. Do you have similar lesions on any other part of your body?
If the "lump" does not go away after a course of antibiotics, you should show it to a doctor just to be sure.
Also, please remember that American guidelines suggest that all women should begin having annual mammograms at the age of 40, so you should plan one at the right time.
All the best, and God Bless!