Chemotherapy Expert Forum
CA-125 count

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

CA-125 count
Hi, My mom diagonsed ovarian cancer in 2003, she had 2 successful surgeries, then according to her CA-125 level doctor started to treat her with platenum chemo for last 8 years, that answered well, until the last chemo, now her CA-125 has increased to 335 for 35, last month she had a CT scan and it was clear, do can be the reason for her CA-125 count is going high, she live a normal life, my worry is couple of days before she started complaining pain starting from her arm to stomach,
Please advice
As I understand, your mothers ovarian cancer (after surgery) was responding to platinum based chemo, but your concern is about the recent increase in CA 125, and about symptoms of recent onset of pain.
Increasing CA 125 usually points to progressive diasease.
It would be prudent to perform a whole body PET CT to determine the exact stage of current disease, and then take a decision about further therapy.
I could provide more guidance if you could write about her history in slighterr more detail, including date of first diagnosis, date of surgery, dates of chemotherapy, and latest imaging reports.
There are many effective drugs active against ovarian cancer. Please consult a good oncologist.
All the best, and God Bless!
I have had a full pelvic clearance due to borderline ovarian cancer.  As I am only 32, I have been having 6 monthly HRT implants (oestradiol 50mg) for the last 2 years.  I have recently moved from the UK to India and am finding it difficult to find out information about HRT options here.  Please could you tell me if the implant available here, or if patches are an option.  So far I have been told only oral HRT is available, but I am hoping this is not the case.  Thank you for your help.
For what reason has your UK doctor recommended HRT? Is it only for preventing bone loss, or for any other reason?
Oestogen replacement in all forms is available in India. Where in India do you reside?
All the best!
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question.  It is encouraging to hear that oestogen replacement in all forms is available in India.  I reside in Ooty.  The surgeon who did my operation said HRT implants were the best way to get the levels of oestrogen I require as a woman in her 30s.  However, last time I had my levels checked in the UK they were high.  Perhaps HRT patches would be sufficient.  Do you know if these are available in the Nilgiris?
Thank you again for your help - it is much appreciated.
It would be best if you could consult an endocrinologist about the indication and appropriateness of HRT in your particular case.
Please seek an appoitnment with a qualified endocrinologist if Ooty/Chennai/Bangalore.
Good Luck,
Dr Saini