Chemotherapy Expert Forum
CMF - AC - difference statisticaly ?

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

CMF - AC - difference statisticaly ?

My mother : 66years old dg. with breast cancer -right breast ( Ca. ductale in. gr. 2 -sine metast.lymwh.axillae 0/19 ) was treated with surgery - right mastectomy and removal of the axillary nodes. And on the left breast with lumpectomy -LCIS- multifocal ,classical type The tipe of the tumor of the right breast is pT 23 x 10 mm, positive estrogen and progesteron receptors, her-2 0 , adn Ki67 1% - T2NOMO.She was operated one moths ago and now we should choise the right therapy for her. The surgeoun has proposed to do the left mastectomy too , so she didnt had to go through the radiotherapy or worry if the cancer will afect the other breast ?

Now my mother has heart problems ( prolapsus valvulae mitralis 2+,insufficientia mitralis 1+ Sves and ves aritmia - to cure that she is taking beta blokers of 2,5 mg twice a day ).I' ve been readeing a lot on the internet and it seems to me that AC protocols have better survaval  5 years statistic the the classical CMF protocol ( all this protocol are suitable for women at high risk and node negatibe right ? ) because of the antraciclines in them which seems to be cardiotoxic and my question is how cardiotoxic the antraciclines can be and could my mother be suitable for a chemothepy with antraclines as it leads to a better prognosis as far as i have understood ? I have fear that because of the heart problems she has she could be destined to recieve he CMF procol which whould give her a worse prognosis or not ? Another question  should she do the radiotherapy as well  ?
As we should had waited for a week and a half in other to get the second opinionmy mother didn't wanted to wait for a second opinion so long and yesterday she got the 1 CMF as because of the heart problems she could had problems coping with an antraciclines and she feard that...my question if there is any doctor on this forum or perhaps someone could tell me in terms of 5 or 10 survival how different is the statistics with CMF or AC protocol ?
1 Comment
the surgeon since on the left breast multifocal LCIS ( originally because of the MRi which it was done because of the ebaluation of the right breast )was found suggested a profilactic left mastectomy as well....isn't that too much could it be watched with ultrasound and mammogramm and to the radiotherapy instead of the mastectomy  ?

Many questions i know but we' re soo confused....help please