Chemotherapy Expert Forum
FACx6 ?

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

FACx6 ?

I have been reading this forum & I'm trying to find what the FAC X6 is. I can't seem to find it.  Could you please tell me what this is?  It sounds like something I may want to talk to my doctor about.  The less toxins put in the better.  People with cancer or who may be getting treatment "just in case" need to know all the options.

Thank you,
Barbara
Hi Barbara,
FACx6 refers to a chemotherapy regimen that consists of 6 cycles of Fluorouracil, Adriamycin, and Cyclophosphamide.
It is usually well tolerated, with nausea, hair loss, neutropenia as common side effects. Patients taking adriamycin require regular cardiac monitoring.
Other regimens too are available, including TAC (where Fluorouracil is replaced with a Taxane).
Please discuss in detail with your medical oncologist.
All the best, and God Bless!
Thank you for the information.  It has been very helpful.  I'm glad there are doctors like you and others there that are around to ask question and get honest answers.  We all need alot of answers at this time in our lives with these problems.
Thank you again.

Barbara