Chemotherapy Expert Forum
Groin Lymph Glands

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Groin Lymph Glands

Hi, I'm concerned about a hardened lymph node on the right side of my groin, which has just appeared about 4 days ago just after I completed 3 sets of sit-ups. Then I thought it could have been a strain of some sort or perhaps my veins got tangled with my muscles. Yet earlier today I felt another one on the other side. It was deeper within the flesh though and felt tender rather than hard. Since then I've researched about the causes and effects of swollen lymph glands and noticed that these are brought up by infections some of which could lead to lymphoma or in some rare cases a tumor. Aside from feeling a little hard, I have not encountered any of the other symptoms such as pain, itchiness, fever, or redness in the surface of the skin, neither do i feel weak nor lose my appetite. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm planning on visiting my doctor for an medical examination, But as I've read in this Forum not all Physicians have given direct answers since not all cases are alike. I would like to seek more answers as to why lymph glands harden? I would be grateful for any reply or word of advice.
There are literally hundreds of causes for enlarged lymph nodes in the groin including various infections, cancers, immunological disorders, drugs etc. On the other hand these nodes can sometimes be enlarged quite harmlessly in normal persons without any apparent cause. In your case it would be best to get yourself examined by a doctor to confirm if there is an enlargement of the nodes. A complete history and physical examination may provide clues to the likely causes and will help in guiding further evaluation and management.
All the best!