Chemotherapy Expert Forum
HER2nue breast cancer

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

HER2nue breast cancer
I get Medicare in 4 months.  I have HER2nue positive and hormone receptive right sided breast cancer.  I had a total mastectomy.  My sentinel nodes were negative.  The mass was approximately 1.5 cm. by 1.5 cm. in diameter.  It was caught early.  How long can I put off chemotherapy without increasing my chances of the cancer spreading?
Normally, we can start chemotherapy within a couple of weeks of surgery.
Even if you have early stage cancer and undergone a successful surgery, you will still derive considerable benefit from early instituion of chemotherapy.
The fact that this tumor is Her2Neu positive makes it biologically more agressive, so please try to explore possible ways of getting the chemo quickly.
All the best, and God Bless!