Chemotherapy Expert Forum
How many more chemo combinations are there?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How many more chemo combinations are there?

Dear Doctor

My mother has stage 4 OvCa, DX May 2005 and is now into her 4th year. She has recenly finished a combination of Avastin,Gemzar & Carboplatin (carboplatin on alternate weeks). and her CA125 is 8. Is there anything else to try after Avastin?, I get the impression that Avastin is the end of the line for this rotten disease. A few years ago she was taken off Carboplatin and Taxol due to it giving her tinnitus so what else can she try, would Avastin still work if it was combined with something else ? Over the years she has had Taxol & Carboplatin then onto Doxil & Gemzar together. I know time is running out for my dear mum but we are always hopeful of something else. Thankyou for your time.