Chemotherapy Expert Forum
Is chemo a precaution based on the individual?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is chemo a precaution based on the individual?

Dr. Saini

Again, thank you so much for the valuable information that you provided for my sister regarding the Chemo.  My sister does not see an oncologist until next week, and we are having a hard time with her.  I am just curious, based on her results as noted above - if she does not have the Chemo, will the cancer return for sure?  or is Chemo just a precaution so that the cancer does not return?

I am sorry to be a bother and appreciate any further help or info that you can provide.

Thanks so much

Tina
Related Discussions
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi Tina,
Treatment for early breast cancer generally involve local therapies like surgery and radiation as well as systemic therapies like chemo, hormones, monoclonal antibodies etc.
Local therapies remove all visible cancer, while systemic therapies attack and hopefully kill all invisible cancer cells ("micrometastases") at distant sites.
It has been clearly shown in clinical trials that adding adjuvant chemotherapy reduces the chances of cancer recurrence.
Best,
Dr Saini
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Chemotherapy was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank