Chemotherapy Expert Forum
Painful edema associated with chemo
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Painful edema associated with chemo
I had four rounds of Adriamycin/Cytoxan, followed by 12 weekly of Taxol/Herceptin. I'm now having Herceptin every three weeks. Towards the last 3 or 4 taxol/herceptin treatments, I started having swelling in my feet, and tightness in my leg muscles. It has gotten continuously worse even though it has been 6 weeks since the final taxol treatment. I have tried compression.stockings, less salt, more fluids.  I had a muga scan right around the time the swelling started which had normal results. Any insight would be appreciated..
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
322973 tn?1239908038
Hi,
MUGA scan being normal after several cycles of chemotherapy that included adriamycin and trastuzumab is a reassuring sign.
Please get your renal function tests, serum electrolytes, protein levels, ultrasound abdomen and pelvis, and doppler of leg veins.
I would expect these symptoms to stabilize and then improve after completion of chemotherapy.
All the best, and God bless!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now