Chemotherapy Expert Forum
Port needs to be replaced
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Port needs to be replaced

I have had two ports and will need a third port to complete my chemotherapy.  The first port upon removal have a small slit in the catheter.  The port in at the present has back pressure.  The blood will spurt our when the needle is removed.  Where should the new port be placed?  So far the oncologist and surgeon believe I have had trouble because I'm thin.  My son is quadraplegic and I do provide assistance with transfers and adjusting him in bed.  I do not provide all of the assistance he pushes so I do about a quarter of the work.  The surgeons knows this but I worry  if the next port will fail.