Chemotherapy Expert Forum
Treatment in ovarian cancer: hilar and mediastinal lymphadenopathy

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

In treating ovarian cancer that is now apppearing in these lymph nodes as well as a  pretracheal node...would you continue your current treatment (Hexalen) ...only one round so far trying to get CA125 stable-and obviously not working ..or change to a more aggressive treatament such as Avastin+?
I am not sure I fully understand your question.
Altretamine (Hexalen) is used after failure of at least a couple of lines of therapy, so in this case, the ovary cancer has obviously failed to be controlled by more effective therapy like carboplatin and paclitaxel.
A stable CA 125 is an indirect measure of chemotherapy efficacy, although a PET-CT showing regression of nodes is much preferrable.
Avastin controls cancer by chocking off the blood supply feeding the cancer cells. It is usually more effective if added to a chemotherapy drug rather than being given as a single agent.
Pl post additional questions if you need clarification.
All the best, and God Bless!