Chemotherapy Expert Forum
success rate

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

success rate
I've read that chemo for early stage breast cancer doesn't work in 40 to 50% of cases.
Is this true?
As per currently available evidence, chemotherapy has been shown to benefit patients with early breast cancers with a tumor size of more than 1 cm. In patients with HER-2 positive tumors, chemotherapy has been shown to reduce the rate of recurrence in patients with tumors of size more than 0.5 cm. There is no proven value of chemotherapy in patients with HER-2 negative tumors less than 1 cm in size and HER-2 positive tumors less than 0.5 cm in size.
I had a tumor 1.5 cm +estrogen,   neg Her-2,  stage 1 ... should I get chemo IV  or take chemo by mouth?   THANKS  

mary.***@****

by Monica M, MD, Jun 24, 2009 12:17PM
To: nana667
Chemotherapy agents currently used for adjuvant treatment of breast cancer are injectable drugs so they need to be administered IV.
All the best!
A related discussion, Breast cancer MRI was started.
A related discussion, Should my friend take chemo was started.