Chiari Malformation Community
FRIDAY"S FRIBBLE ~~~2013

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

FRIDAY"S FRIBBLE ~~~2013

Fribble-    noun

a person who wastes time
any trifling act or thought
intransitive verb fribbled frib′·bled, fribbling frib′·bling

to waste time; trifle
I guess that explains it......let's keep chiari and all medical stuff out of this one!!

So what r u all doing...I am getting ready to take my tree down...how many r in this boat?

Hi all lets Fribble about projects we r working on .....

Beside helping my friend make these puff balls for her DD's bridal shower I am also working on a felt facade of the hose my DD lives in to be added to the  tree skirt I made her last yr....

what projects r u all working on ?
  'attempting' to correct a mistake I made a good year and a half ago while trying to hang a new curtain rod and curtains.  It's taking me longer than the average person ( OF  COURSE), but I am HOPING to have it complete within the next year and a half!

Doing things above ur head...and I mean height, not ability here...can affect u as u have to look up, that bothers the neck and all those nerves inside, plus u have ur arms up, and that gets the shoulder area and right back to the neck...so not something we should be doing.....

Find a tall person u can direct and be the project manager : )
  Oh, don't I know it!!  I can barely look up the majority of the time, let alone try to hang up something or twist screws above my head!  I did not recruit anyone to do it for me...  at times I get so stubborn I can't do things I used to do or should be able to do.  And most of the time in the attempt I am very much reminded I AM NOT able to do them any more!  But thankfully, I took the time (1 1/2 yrs -ha!) to prepare my 'workstation' to make sure I would be looking dead-on & I took breaks, & took the time, & tried not to frustrate myself and... I got it done!  It took me all day but I fixed it to a bit more satisfactory -- not sure it fits the average person's satisfaction, but it meets mine!  Next is to fix the holes in the wall and do some 'touch up' painting I've also been wanting to do for a year and a half... but that is FOR SURE another day(s)...

If u r compelled to do this urself listen to ur body and take breaks as the more u do like this the more u will feel it....

I used to push thru and did things even when my body screamed at me not to....and I swear it takes longer to feel better the longer u push....

Listen to ur body and accept  and ask for help.

Hi all what projects r u working on this week? or weekend?

I had my nephew here on Thurs and he helped pack up all my Christmas and took to my attic, so less work for me, and more energy to work on a project...I will be working on my felt house for my DD's tree skirt as I have not worked on it in a while I was waiting for pics of the roof line to see if there was a chimney or air stack....I just got the pic so back to work : )
I am a crafter, primitives mostly. I enjoy to do things as I feel good. Don't want to speak to soon, But finally after four weeks of misery, I am going on the second day of feeling decent! :) I hope it sticks for a little while, a break is nice. Anyway..... I plan on making some dolls, probably just a couple and we'll see how it goes from there.

Oh...please post pics I would love to see them as I was thinking of making a doll for my niece....I have soooooo many irons in the fire and have to finish a few others b4 I start those....I hope to get this felt done this weekend, it is snowing now so no plans to go out : )

Hi all what are u up to this week?

I am still on my felt project, it is all the small details that is slowing me down now....lol...

Hi all I am on a new project...my friend is having a Bridal shower for her DD and wanted my help...it is a Beach themed wedding and shower , so instead of a traditional wishing well I am making a treasure chest to be used as the  wishing well .....

What r u all working on?
As you probably figured from the name, I quilt!  In fact, I have a small business (on top of my day job) completing the quilting (just the decorative stitching) for my customers.  I love it, and the plan was to have a solid customer base when I retire,and quilt to my heart's content!  Since my symptoms got worse in the last 6 months, I mess everything up every time I quilt.  My PT is working with me to watch for signs, slow down or stop, and learn how to help myself when in pain.  Last Saturday, I quilted for 2 or 3 hours and Sunday was the worst day for headaches that I can recall ... ever!  I can deal with all these physical symptoms, but the thought of giving up my dreams is eating me up!  Like Kris808 said, "at times I get so stubborn I can't do things I used to do or should be able to do.  And most of the time in the attempt I am very much reminded I AM NOT able to do them any more! ".    By the way, the Alzheimer's foundation collects quilt donations.  Is there anything like that for chiari?
I finished some pillows, finally! Selma, never have gotten around to those dolls yet,lol. Not enough energy for those as they are a little more difficult & time consuming, so I went with something a little quicker & easier, ha
Anyway couldn't figure out how to post the pics here for you to see, but they are under my photos on my profile page for viewing.
Hope everyone has a great Friday, seemed like it took forever to get here this week.

@quiltinglady- I too love to quilt...do u machine quilt or hand quilt...I only have hand quilted...never tried with the machine....but hope to.

@wnzday- tell me about it ...I got too many projects and I have so many on the back burner....now doing this chest...lol...

Will post pics when I am done : )

Hope u post pics of the pillows wnsday...and quilt lady would love to see some of ur work....u will get back to it : )
I posted some pictures of quilts!  I machine quilt.
Linda

I will be looking....I gave a few of mine away, but have pics somewhere  I will have to root around for those,...lol...

Hi all what are u working on this week??...ne new projects....I am still working on my treasure chest for a "wishing well"....for a Beach themed bridal shower....

I am hoping to get done soon...waiting on some supplies needed for the next step....DH has my list of needs....lol..
OMG Friday was so busy I missed the fribble!    My prescription for PT ran out a week ago.  The PT requested a second prescription but hasn't heard from the dr.  So I've been a week without PT.  I felt so good last week, I was convinced I could stop the PT anyway.  Was I wrong. One week without it, and I'm back to square one!  The point is, between the headaches, nausea, no sleep, etc, everything is taking longer to accomplish and I had no time to fribble.  I was really hoping to complete a quilt this weekend, but I'm not sure I can be on my feet that much.  Maybe I'll try to read a book!

Well I would never expect to do a quilt in a  week....but I am not as proficient  in doing them as u r,...and since u have Chiari u may want to give urself more time to complete them....??

U can fibble ne day  u want...lol... I have my grandpuppy here it is her 1 yr anniversary of my DD adopting her...

Hi all what projects u all working on this week?

ne pics to post...I am still working on my treasure chest....I know it is taking a long time, but I had to wait for more duct tape...lol...got it late last night so I am back to work on it...

no one  wants to fribble this week??

Hi all what are u working on this week...since I could not get online yesterday I started a baby quilt with ducks on it....I will post pics as I go, this is my MIL's that she started but did not finish,...I made mine 26 yrs ago, so that is how long it is sitting....lol....but I am making headway and hope to have it done by April.

I am still working on the baby quilt with the ducks....I am finishing up the applique and then I will be adding the borders.....

What projects are u all working on?
Workin on holding down the couch today...storm hit last night and should be out of here by Sunday...the pressure this week was starting to really get to me.....maybe a good time to catch up on netflix...if I can stay awaaaa...*snore*
I miss making baby quilts, somethings up with my machine, the bottom thread gets all loopy in the top stitch and I cant seem to get it adjusted :/    WAIT,....baby quilts? Any new news?

LMAO....no news...my MIL got this 26 yrs ago and never really worked on it and my great nephew is expecting a baby with his GF and my MIL asked me to complete this...I made mine 26 yrs ago....lol...

Did u adjust the screw on the bobbin house?....It can greatly affect the bobbin thread...take the bobbin out and hold by a thread while in the house....if it drops very quickly it is too lose and then tighten the screw on the side of the house....and do the test again....it should move but not so much and try on a scrap of material.

Hope I didn't keep u awaaaaaaaaake....haha

Hi All posting the fibble  early for our folks in diff time zones....

I have all my borders on the quilt, the batting inbtwn and I am starting to quilt....yeah,.....hoping this part goes fast...lol....

what are u all working on?
I finally have a small break and I will get to work on my fiancé's t-shirt quilt from his old fraternity shirts! It will be his wedding present! :D
I'm still in the ironing on interfacing stage! Then I will cut out the shirts to be of template size! I'm very so much in the beginning!

I have a collection of T's from my DD and SIL and hope to make one for them as well....do post pics so we can see once u get started : )

What type of interfacing are u using?...I was thinking about that the other day and the wrong one can make it too stiff but the material needs it as it is so stretchy....hmmm so if u wouldn't mind sharing what type u  r using, I would appreciate it,

Hi all what project are u all working on this week or still working on as in my case I am still working on the quilt and will be for some time, but I have taken a little path off track ...I tried a few new recipes, and I have one more to try...Oatmeal hypoallergenic Dog treats...I need to make them for Easter....and I have some decorating to do...this Sun is Palm Sunday....

Hi all how will u be celebrating Easter? I got my decorations all up. I have to get the baskets ready....and bake some pies...

My DD is coming in from NYC and I am so looking forward to it, sounds like I may be heading up there too....yeah : )

Hi all, guess where I am going Sat...yup, back to NY...lol...crazy I know but it is just a day trip, my DD is performing at NYU so going to see her.....

Ne sewers reading this thread?  I had one heck of a time trying to mark my quilt as I could not find the same washable marker I had used b4 and I got a pencil that is supposed to be washable, I tried it and it did not work...so, I am making tailor tacks with thread to mark my lines...help? neone?...lol...
Hello My lady and your DD is going to love you being there.  I am waiting on May 21 get to see my favorite band ZZTop in concert front row about ten feet from the stage and June to get here get to go to my first CMA festival with the wife.  This surgery and all has made me realize that your family is important.  I know it before but I really do know.

WOW ZZTop...fabulous !! Sharp Dressed Men was always a fav of mine : )

Take ear plugs and sun glasses....we tend to have issues with loud noise and lights and concerts have a lot of flashing lights....I was  to a concert for Jason Mraz but I was 2  1/2 yrs post op....and I was not up front and personal with the stage and I did well....but I did have the ear plugs and glasses just in case.

I can't wait as she Graduated a few yrs back and I have not been able to see her perform , she has but once up in Martha's Vineyard...too far to go....but as a teacher she performs less and less, so this will be a treat : )

Hi all when last we posted on this thread I was working on a baby quilt and a few other projects in btwn, the quilt is still a work in progress as a result of my off shoot projects....

I helped make costumes for my DD's schools dance recital....I made stencils out of freezer paper, it worked well....we made butterfly head pieces and wings...and a few other assort, costumes,

Then I made 3 hats for my niece's children, they moved to Yuma , AZ and I wanted some protection for them from the sun....
I used left over camo material from the bumper pads I made when she had her son...2 yrs ago.... I did not get pics and am waiting on some of the kids wearing them....

I have been sketching, and sewing and will continue ......

Hi all working on my baby quilt with a mama duck and her ducklings...what are u all working on?

Any one working on a project?

Hi all.....I guess I am alone in crafting?????

Hello...neone looking to fribble?...lol....
I can't sleep so I'm cleaning my craft supply. I tink that I'll need to go do some shopping, the kids and I (of course) had to much fun this summer!

Hey Drew can u ever have too much fun?...nah....lol...but I guess what u r saying is u used up ur stash of crafting supplies...which is always good....

What projects did u make and what are ur plans for this fall?
We made mandala vitral and hot air balloon with papier macher. And a lot of fun stuff. They also made a lot of drawings, painting and crafts by themselves while I was in bed in pain.

Aww sorry u r still having pain....

Sounds nice.....did u take pics?...I would love to see them....what type of glass did u use?

The hot air balloons sound cute too....would love to see one.... : )

I posted my latest project...hats ...made with leftover camo material from the bumper pads I made....

No I forgot to take pictures.

For the vitral we actually used plastic clipping and plastic glue.

Oh I wish u had pics would love to see....dang...lol...

Plastic huh....interesting...

Hi all neone start a new project?......have plans for the holiday weekend?
Selma...
We're getting things ready for baby Sombra. He is our PRE Andalusion baby and he will be here on the 7th. It's been a rough couple days with the head aches but I just want to say your activities always give me something to look forward to :-) Lisa
I am trying to get started on getting my entire house cleaned and get packing started before surgery next month. Since I had to make yesterday my last day of work (as a nurse I couldn't afford the risk of being so scatterbrained anymore) I have some free time before surgery. Having lived in this house for 10 years there is just stuff EVERYWHERE that need downsized and packed or thrown out. Its a huge project with a timeline. Wish me luck!!!

Aww well do post pics where the baby arrives....would love to see them and I am so glad u enjoy my  activities....lol....I am dead tired right now as I have a new one right now...cleaning up my basement after a flood....ugh....so much to throw out and clean off sigh....

Wishing u luck girlinxile......I know how u feel I am here 30 yrs and this is the first time our basement flooded....and I am cleaning out things as well....some I did not plan to...but it is what it is...sigh....lol..."Luck"

Hi All what do u want to fribble about this week?

I always talk about my projects and I am hoping to hear what u all are working on....or if u have travel plans or a party...share that with us : )

Hey all....what are u all up to this week???