Friday's Fribble ~~~~

Fribble-    noun

a person who wastes time
any trifling act or thought
intransitive verb fribbled frib′·bled, fribbling frib′·bling

to waste time; trifle
I guess that explains it......let's keep chiari and all medical stuff out of this one!!
I dyed my hair purple !!!
what a great day you had RheaAnn! I'm it makes you feel better about your looks...sometimes just feeling better about the way I look can change my entire day!

Viva, I too see my mum in the mirror these days...but I rest assured by my grandma that is normal. She said she wakes and greats her mom everymorning while brushing her teeth. My mom and aunt never colored their hair, but I try to keep up with it. I have actually been thinking lately about how long I'll keep it up, and what age I should just throw in the towel.

I saw a purse on pinterest the other day that was made completely of zippers. they used red, green, black, and white. But I thought how adorable it was and thought it could be done in purples, black and white...for chiari and eds.  I thought it would be a great fundraiser...but thats as far as it went, just me thinking up great uses for it...someday maybe I'll get my act together and be productive!

Had a quick lunch with my chiari friend today. Wished we had more time together, but she is helping another chiari friend with her dr appointments.  So happy its Friday!!!!

U have to put up a pic...I thought about chalking some purple in mine.....not sure how it would look on darker hair....lol...

I just put a webcam picture. My hair are black so we had to bleach them first. So that's how it look under my livingroom light.
i suppose i should greet my mother every day too; i havent seen her in a long time.

i was thinking of painting a pumpkin purple.  there's a health center here that always has a big display of pink pumpkins every October.

Well cross ur fingers so I get my grand puppy,,,,ugh, I may not now,....I hate the fact that someone is getting btwn me and my grand puppy time : P
Who's getting between you and your grand puppy time!!! I'll open up a can of whoop butt on them!! (I can't use the other word Lol!) No one should come between a grandma and her grand puppy! That's just WRONG!!!! Want me to come straighten it out! :) Lol!
I want to FRIBBLE!!!!! Lol! I have too many mommy things to do before I can! I get to go take pictures at Little man's Halloween party at school today! For me that's fun! I love it! He dressed up as a Montgomery Biscuits Baseball player! He's so darn CUTE! I 'll post pics later! :) I gotta go do the mommy thing! Lol! Horse's and kitty's are fed and happy now I gotta go run a paper to the school...then I am going to fribble! I'm not sure how...hmmm...never done it before...may just work on my chiari stuff I'm making does that count? Since it's fun for me? I guess I'm fribbling now because I'm wasting time, and procrastinating also because I really don't want to ride into town...I can go get my eyebrows done!!! Maybe.....I'll go away now! :) Lol! Just spending some time fribiling! Lol!
wish I had time and energy to fribble today! Just got a job (seasonal help) so today I need to get the house back in shape!  
Tonight we are trying something new. Our church has been working on a new series about marriage. Tonight is "date night". We arrive, drop off the younger kids, and are handed a packet. I guess the packet is suppose to include instrutions on what we are suppose to do during the date??  Which I think could be interesting as to make us think outside of the box...especially in the conversation...try as we might, we always get back around to talking about the kids, or jobs, or family, even chiari!  HMMM....a "deep" date.....maybe I should forget the house and take a nap!
Selma- I hope you get the g-pup this weekend, she would be perfect for perking up the weekend!
M-Brat, I cant wait to see the pics! It sounds adorable...did you make the costume?

I wish I knew...so jerk in NYC sending threatening letters to the Home Depot....on the 18th one of the stores was closed due to the bomb threat, it is one of my SIL's stores...so bcuz of Halloween they feel the threats may increase so they want to double up on security,...guess who is in charge of security at 5 stores...yup my SIL...so they may not be able to come home this weekend ,...ugh

I will look at the pic....somehow I missed ur post on that....see that is a lot of work to bleach the hair first....not sure I want to go thru all that....lol...

Congrats on the seasonal job....can I guess, is it retail?

Hope u enjoy and  r able to turn it into a perm position....
I drove past a house today that had a row of "ducks"--made out of squash.

Viv that sounds so cute did u get a pic?
No, we used his baseball pants from this past baseball season that are almost to short! Lol! And the Jersey is a real on the my DH and I bought him when we took him to a game when we got him 3 foul balls!!! We had a BLAST that night! I go and have to take pain meds before and pay for it for a week or more after but it's AWESOME!! So, we used his official biscuits gear he's gotten everytime we've gone and his baseball stuff and combined them to make the outfit! It turned out GREAT!
here are geese, but Im pretty sure what I saw were white ducks.

http://crafts.kaboose.com/squash-goose.html

thanks viv...it's a really cute idea... : )

Hi all what's up this week....just found out the East Coast may be getting hit with another NorEaster....yikes....we do not need this so soon after Sandy....ugh....

Not sure when it is supposed to hit, but I hope they have time to get everyone into warm shelter b4 hand.....
wow Selma! A noreaster is NOT a good thing right now. so many people already without power and low temps. with a noreaster that will only create more crisiss.  watching it all on the west coast just looks like nothing is being done fast enough for the residents on the east coast. too much devistation, makes my heart ache.

no fribbling for me, tomorrow we take our first born to college tour/nursing day. its going to be a long and busy day, been struggling this week so we'll see how all of it goes down tomorrow...excited for DD though....and having that little mommy freak out of "she was so little just yesterday" moment! They do grow so fast!

keep us posted on the weather Selma!

I know, this is not the right time for Mother Nature to hit us again....but, if so O am sure we will make do, I am more concerned for those along the coast....

Aww...the college yrs went sooooooooo fast for me....my DD went to a 4 yr college out of town and then went to Grad school out of state...and she is still there..NYU....she stayed as she was hired to work as a teacher to NYC public schools.... I still look at her and it is weird I can see my little girl and in a blink I see the woman she became....

Enjoy all these moments ...I know I did : )

I will keep u posted on the weather...hoping it is a mistake on the weather mens side...lol...
I'm looking at catalogs; it's kind of a meditation (except for the "ooh, I'd love that $600 Scottish cashmere cape!").

I'm liking the repurposed, upcycled, raggedy, un-matchy matchy items--but waaay too $$$$.  Hippie gone upscale!

Love to know how I get on these lists, not having bought any luxury items since.... um, never.

LOL...I love up cycling....and right now am up cycling a old dog bed for Lucy to use when she gets here....hope I get it done in time....lol....
Lucy doesn't get the bed?!!

I've been slowly collecting & tearing apart silk to make into new fabric for...."something".

I want to buy some vintage saris, before they're all ripped apart & made into bracelets or handbags.   Apparently, they dont't even make them anymore.  Instead of the traditional 5 yd, they're already sewn.  
Maybe just swags for now?

No, she is still being house trained....lol...and she has a very expensive memory foam bed....so she has a better bed then I do....lol...

Oh r u  felting it?

Take pics.....
The silk?  It's about 1/3 new, 1/3 my old clothes, & 1/3 thrift store clothes.  I thought that I'dmake a small crazy quilt.

I tried felting old wool sweaters last yr, but I couldnt get them as shrunken as I wanted.  Maybe will try again this winter.  I wanted to make hats.  At one point, I had sweaters over throw pillows.  I wish I had saved them, when I was tired of that look, as I just saw upcycled sweaters made into skirts.  You cant even find that nice angora wool anymore!

I know I'm better, in the sense that I feel creative again, but still dont have the wherewithal to accomplish much.  One can hope!

Well there r other forms of felting, like the santa's and penquins I made with roving.....I am hoping to make more things this yr with felting....u can do it with silk as well.....

Yeah I did notice that wasn't sure if it was the sign of fashion or something else .....I have a few old wool sweaters that were shrunk by my DH,,,ugh,.,,so I will see if I can felt them,....

I do a little of this and a little of that...I tried to get the dog bed done and had issues with the sewing machine,,,it is always something....hopefully tomorrow it will be better : )

Hi all what r u all working on this week?....I made 2 loaves of banana bread yesterday (thursaday),...lol...really still today as I post this early for those in diff time zones....but , for the most part yesterday....

Nehow...I have some new crochet stitch I was trying today too, it was kinda cool as it looks like it is knitted....very easy stitch too....I want to see if I can incorporate it into the throw I am doing,.....
Before I start my day (sigh...), I'm watching my cats investigate a brand new box & the paper inside.  How exciting for them!
(box contained new reaching tool; anything to make life easier).
Yum! B bread sounds good with a cup of tea this morning!  I saw a throw that was circles stitched together that looked like the peppermint candies - very cute, but way out of skill level!  
Rain and a cool down have hit my area, which makes me want to spend the day watching flicks under a throw sipping on tea.....but, instead I will be off working my first 8 hour shift! Hope my body can handle being on my feet all day! Still recovering from the funtirure I had to carry and disassemble for a customer on Tuesday, another one coming in today for a drafting desk...hope he brings his own muscles! LOL!
Happy Friday everyone, have a great day Fribbling! :)
Viv, I had one of those- called a gopher I think! A friend got it for me during my last pregnancy when I had a hernia and couldnt bend down to pick up after the other 3 anymore....I wonder where that thing is, could use it now for sure!  Kitties and boxes are like small children with boxes, hours of adult entertainment!  Have fun watching!

What r u doing carrying furniture....???? yikes girl u should not be doing that....ouch.
The B bread was very good, moist....and tea is very good with it too : )

@ Viv....well I could use a grabber too...lol...at times I have a heck of a time getting things ...my DH does not think and places all my stuff either at the top of something or down at the very bottom....I can't get thru his head, bending is just as bad as trying to reach over my head...ugh...men....
Glad ur kitties r enjoying the box...love watching animals play : )
I know, I know!  Trust me, it wasnt my plan, but since I didnt tell them about my medical issues I figured I couldnt refuse to help. I was afraid that if I told them I would have been passed over for the job...and we really need the $$ right now.
I survived yesterday, resting today...havent even showered or changed out of my jammies :)    

But that is not good for u, I hope there is a position with the company u can apply for so u do not have to lift like that .....

Rest up ((hugs))

Hi All what r u all working on this week...is ur Christmas shopping done, started...considered?....I did get my cards done....I like to have them done b4 Thanksgiving..something I started when I worked retail.....
oh boy Selma! Reading all you have gotten done makes me feel like last minute lucy! havent even done my T-Day shopping...hope to get that done this weekend.
Spending my day getting all the last minute house work done, 2 brother-in-laws arriving for a visit...married for 19 years this week, and I have never met them....very nervous!
I did break down and let my boss know about all my health issues...he had me scheduled for 37 hours! I asked if he could cut it back to 30 ( I applied with a request for 20-25). At first he thought I was joking when I explained. but then he went right to work asking if shorter shifts were better, and rearranging everyone else to fit me into better shifts. he will probably get in trouble my the district manager, and that made me feel bad. But he said that he is completley willing to take some heat for it if he can keep me there working and healthy!  I had a mystry shopper results that had just come in...I rocked the score, so he is willing to work with me! Woo Hoo!

Well I didn't get that much done ...just my cards....lol... and a few items so I can bake....but I know what I want to do, now it is a matter of doing it :)

Happy Anniversary !! I remember my 19 yr one I thought how did I manage to live with this guy as long as I did my parents...lol...I was 19 when I got married. WOW...u never met them once..what about the wedding?...

I am so happy ur Boss is willing to work with u...and who knows mayb there is a position there u can do that is not so demanding....try to get help lifting furniture !!!....

Enjoy meeting the family : )

I 'm looking at catalogs, sitting in the sun but chilly air.
So many things to want!  how ironic that it takes my mind off the ONE thing I want.

Which  is........????

lol...u know I have always felt we need to have something we may never get, otherwise we no longer have something to strive for, or dream about....I am talking things...not health...and I have some BIG dreams I know I will never get...but it is soooooooo nice when I go to sleep to visit : )
I would love to spend some time in Italy.  My mother was from Florence, & I still have aunts & cousins there.
You never know....
Life would be hard there, disabled.

Hey u never know...I got to Venice....so u just may....there are people that live there with this condition and I am sure u would adapt if that is where u want to be....remember we r strong ...we can do nething : )
I've been to Florence several times -- Venice once -- and just last yr I went on my first tour there (or anywhere) ever.  I didnt even tell my family.  It was very difficult having to be ready on time, the winding roads, the air pollution, no chance to rest, eating so late, not sleeping well.  But of course it was also wonderful.  OMG, just the food!

It probably contributed to my decline though, which occurred  couple weeks later.  But then I finally got an accurate Dx!

I want to go here  :-)
http://www.thefuckitlife.com/

I went to Guatemala a month b4 I was given my DX...I got a weird numbing sensation in my left leg during the flight and had it the whole time I was there....

I was all over Europe..as my DD was dancing in a Tansomer I believe it was called summer dance festival.

Y pay them for their therapy...just go where u want and say what u need to release ur stress....

Hi all.....what projects r u working on this week...dec the halls? shopping? or making gifts?

I am slowly getting my cushion project done, so much problems with the sewing machine with the needle falling out,...what a trip....lol...

and I hope to glitter the names onto the stockings I made last yr.....
.........I hit the city and I lost my band, I watched the needle
take another man, Gone, gone, the damage done..........

I guess you could call this "Fribbleing" or is that drooling....or it could be  doodling.......can you doodie on line?
I received my order of white chef's aprons, & am going to the store today to buy fabric for pockets, trim, maybe even ruffles.

I just wish my body could keep up with my ambition.
expensive aprons, but good for ideas:
http://www.flirtyaprons.com/womens-aprons/

@ Ray...LMAO...u r funny I think u can call it both,....haha....glad to hear from u....BTW I got another e-mail today...ugh,....

@Viv...I did aprons a few yrs back, but I painted on them....my mom and my MIL still wear them....lol...but I like the adding of ruffles and pockets...sounds cute...I saw a Create Sewing show where the pocket was a large spoon....very cute.
NZ driving school for dogs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20614593

OMG too funny...I love this, would love to teach Lucy...haha...

Hey I finished my never ending project, the cushion is done...yea !! I posted a few pics.
dog & baby talking

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=5EukfdEn6Ao&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5EukfdEn6Ao